Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cooking Class Is Where Food and Fun Meet


 

It has been over two months now since my older sister, my niece and I enrolled in a cooking class. Yes! Cooking class! I’m very sure I made the right choice because aside from the new skills I have been learning and a chance to bond with my sister and my niece, I also find the time to do things outside my day-to-day professional work as a Developer, which I think is a stress-reliever.  

I couldn’t stop remembering when I was little, I always wonder to join a swimming class but because of limited means, I only got a chance to have it when I was in college. ^_^v… in Physical Education 102! Sure it is not too late for anyone to fulfill one’s dreams. *What are your little dreams?*

This is the first time we wore our uniforms; we lovedit sooo much. Beside me is our Chef instructor.

 

This photo could tell how we are taking the chopping board seriously! Hahaha! Being in the kitchet for long straight hours, standing, in a room with high temperature, time-pressured… Bow na bow na ako sa contestants ng Top Chef!

 

Here’s my Grilled Cheese.

 

Here’s our Chocolate Mousse.

 

Here’s Food Carving Day!

Here’s Chicken Lollipop, Mayonnaise, Béchamel and Grilled Sandwich + Carrot Cake!

 

Here’s Makisushi and Vegetable Tempura

 

Here’s my niece, me and my sister holding our masterpieces during the examination.

 

Our mom would be very proud of us. We may not recreate her heavenly food the way she did it, but everything we have done and wish to do are all dedicated to her. I know she’d be proud of me even more when I have my own family.

 



2 comments:

  1. You are so creative! I would love to eat someting you've created sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Penny! Thank you for your message. :-) Im not sure about creativity because I only did what everyone else did in the class ^_^ but one thing i am sure... I did it with my heart. God bless :-)

    ReplyDelete