Tuesday, May 5, 2009

20's Last

 

Is my birthday really just a week away? I am actually turning twenty nine but I can still feel my age has stuck at twenty four. Why twenty four? I do not know exactly but maybe because it is the age where I realized that I am not getting any younger. This will be my last birthday in my 20’s! :D Okay, anyway … I guess it is time for me to pull myself back together and try my best to write this blog entry in a more serious way as I am suppose to … I really will.

 

Here we go…

 

 

At this point, I want to believe ages are just numbers. You know, maybe some nineteen-year old, or younger, could have more understanding about life than I have. It is totally different when you gone through it yourself. Nothing can replace the lessons you learn from life experience. I am a late bloomer, I would say. I react even on simple things very delayed. My personality would sometimes nail me to digest ideas for a long time before any driving force would come into me. I still find myself holding back from doing things I want to do because I am afraid. And most of the time, I am not a risk taker.

 

My eldest sister used to tell me when I was in my early teenage years: “At your age, I was already working and taking care of you; I had to exert extra effort to continue schooling because I had to work…” Each of my siblings has their own different stories to tell about hardships in life, in love and tough experiences. They are living proofs of bitter sweet life. And during those times, I was busy enjoying school and mastering academics. I was only worried about my exams and projects. Sometimes I still feel that I am a failure, but sometimes I feel I am just starting…and the latter is better.

 

I know I have so much to discover about life, about myself.

 

Before I end this entry, let me list down some of the things I have learned so far in the ripe old age of 29…

 

1 Never stop dreaming. I had wild dreams that came true! This is one of my batteries in life. Whenever I run out of reasons, I just gaze up there in the sky and look for my stars.

 

2 Love, love, love. Love is free.

 

3 Enjoy every moment of your life. It is too fast and too short. Slow it down by keeping yourself always excited about tomorrow.

 

 

Maybe I’ll just get everyone together for a snack somewhere. I really don’t have plans of throwing any party like I did last year because I am saving my budget for something.

 

Happy Happy Birthday to all the month of MAY babies, my fellow Taurusians, Taureans, Taurus people, whatever! :D … and everyone else too!

 

Thanks for all the advanced greetings since last week :)!

 

 

8 comments:

  1. You're one step closer to another decade!
    grabe, natakot ako bigla,
    anyway, we are more bless now than we were before kaya keep on SPENDING!!!

    for anything else, there's mastercard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, fred... just a year closer. hehehe.
    So use your mastercard for my gift! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uy! May pakain ka ba man lang? Sama ako ha. Smen mga chinese...di maganda ang edad na may number 9. It means you are closer to an end. Now either you say your still 28 or 30. (well, paniniwala lang namen yun) however, My Grandfather died at 69, my grandma 79, and my uncle at 49...My cousin died at 9 too. Kaya ako 30 ang declaration ko ngayon. For many instances, nalilito na rin ako sa totoong edad ko.

    But just like you I feel 4 years younger. hehehe I dont know. Mukha nman diba? hahaha Wag ka na komontra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. waaaaaaaaaaaaa, 29 na nga tayo this year, i hate it, ayaw ko maging 30 waaaaaaa, but what can we do, that's life hahaha, hmm na intriga ako sa wild dream that came true, ano kaya yun hehe, happy birthday chet, ano music 21 ba ulit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. O sya, hindi na ako kokontra. of course, we look younger :D

    Haha :P pero takutin ba ang mga nasa edad na may number 9? At bago pa ako malito kagaya mo, i'll stick na lang with 24. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Gems.
    Kapag nanalo ka sa Singing Bee, Music21 tyo. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are you saving for? MARRIAGE????!!!!!!! Hahahah -DAVE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sikretong malupit.
    May nagsasave na para sa akin non. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete