Monday, May 25, 2009

Don't Scare the Birds Off

For almost two weeks now, we are able to harvest the fruits of our 6-year old duhat tree. It was very unbelievable that this tree had recovered from severe pest infection last year. Tatay had to cut off the branches until no leaves were left so the rest of the trees nearby won't get infected too, it really looked like a dead tree to me. We actually learned the lessons of sharing. Few years ago, we used to scare the birds off because they eat the fruits. So Daddydemz used sling shot to send them away until the birds disappeared one by one and before we knew the effects of it… the bugs were everywhere.

 

… Now, after a year, the branches and leaves grew back, the birds are back, we let them share with the fruits and eat the bugs as well. Both of us are happy …

 

 

Before its season ends, let me share to you these pictures. With morning "pausok" by Daddydemz and the balanse of nature, our duhat tree survived.

 

 

 

I owe a lot of my passion about trees and plants to my father. He always say, "Iba pa din ang mga natural na pagkain.""Nung bata pa kami, pag wala kaming makain, nangunguha kami ng bayabas sa Lolo ko." He has a lot of stories about it.

 

 

I just learned that Duhat or "Black Plum" is good for the stomach but I guess too much is VERY bad.

Yesterday was another Sinigang Day for us... And another SM day for me and JellyPotpot.

This was my weekend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment