Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happiness Is Having Dinner With The Angels

 

 

“T’was a very simple yet fun

get together. Tnx 4 coming.”

-Lanie A. Alaman

 

Nothing has stopped us from going back to our favorite meeting place, a place somewhere up there where the angels are always most welcome. I would say it felt like I had a long trip again since my road trip in Bicol. I had to commute for 2 hours, no traffic, just pure trike-jeepney-bus-trike rides. The long-planned get together cum Pauline’s birthday party was the one I always look forward to. Nothing has changed – the same food we love to share with, the funny stories that never gets old and the friendship we will treasure for a lifetime.

 

Ate Malou was with her sister Love. Nanay Omeng, Tinay, Owen and Madie were there and I came after them, then Sheh and Antuah with Aidan.  Paul was grilling the hotdogs and Ate Lanie was frying the fish balls when I checked on them. Ate Rina, Marlone and Gabu were also present. Sadly, Melay wasn’t there for the nth time ...:( but anyway, here’s my top 5:

 

#5.. The weird wall-climbing frogs around the house that scared us, one even went on my legs. Eewww!

#4.. A pack of Hany as give away from Antuah (which her aunt gave to her as gift, hehe)

#3.. The mouth-watering chicken sopas, hotdogs, pork barbeque, cake, grilled squid, and fishballs prepared with love by Tatay Paul and Nanay Lanie

#2.. The priceless reactions from my inaanaks after receiving their gifts

#1.. The clear skies with the blue moon, twinkling stars and the cool december breeze while we babble about the past and the future of a long-lasting friendship.

 

Marc dropped by for a while, but he was not with me and it just so happened that he was around the neighborhood. That was the first time for them to see us a meter apart after a long while which I understand why they were so teasing us to death. Hehehe.

 

Next get together… is Tinay’s birthday!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment