Thursday, April 26, 2012

White Screwed Again!



It does bother me that, for the second time, one of White’s tires got screwed again. This time is the front right tire. Just few months ago, some same type of screw hit the rear right tire! Gggrrrrrr! Why meeeeee????

I am telling this story because some of you might smack the same fate in the future… But I hope NOT *fingers crossed*!!! I was going to work last Wednesday when I heard something very very unusual with my car. I knew there was something wrong because I always bring my car to the office every day, so I know at the very least what’s normal.

Around 500 meters from our house, I heard this recurring sound (TUG TUG, TUG TUG) and got me more freaked out when I was reaching 35-40kph… the sound was even more louder and faster. I immediately went back home to avoid any more damage to my car! Ano ba yan! O_o Fortunately, my boss was very considerate enough to allow me to work at home after learning what happened.

When I reached home, I opened the hood and stepped on the gas pedal while in neutral mode to see how the engine was – okay naman, nothing unusual with the sound even if I reach 2500rpm – I was relieved! I checked out some articles/blogs from Google and got some ideas that it might be something about the ball joint or the tires.

Just in time, I had an appointment the next day at Honda Cavite for the warranty service of my backlight. As soon as I checked in my car, I asked my servicer to check up on that sound right after the backlight service.

After few hours of waiting, test drives and checking, it turned out there was a screw at the front right wheel which was already hitting the mags because the tire was already deflated BIG TIME. Tumatama na daw sa mags kaya may rhythmic sound.

I paid P490.00 for the checkup and diagnosis, which it could be waived if only I knew my tire was screwed in the first place. Also, I paid an additional of P100.00 for the vulcanizing service in Imus.



One thing bothers me is that the same screw hit my rear right wheel..same screw on the first time!!! Onoboyon!!!!

Have a safe trip, girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment