Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Growing Older

I’m turning 28 next week.

I can only smile right now while remembering all the things that I have done and gone through in the past 28 years. Even though my life story is not pang “Maalaala Mo Kaya” category, I still believe it is inspiring in so many ways. :)

 

Bahay-Bahayan

 

At grade 6, I was a part-time student in real life and a full-time mother in our bahay-bahayan game with my cousins. A day was not complete without spending time with my kalaro. I was the oldest in our barkada; I was 12 and they were 9 below. My girl classmates were already spending time with their kikay kits while I was still playing piko, taguan, ten-twenty, agaw-bahay, many more and of course, our bahay-bahayan. My playing needs were very much satisfied during those days and perhaps that is the reason why I was a certified homebody when I became a highs school student.

 

School is Cool

 

I am proud to say that education is one of my greatest achievements in life. I was able to finish schooling without giving headaches to my family. I was receiving special awards every recognition day during my elementary days and I was a scholar during college.

 

The Family

 

As I grow old, I can see how important family is. Our family is physically separated from each other. Nanay Rose is in heaven, BettyB is in England, Batotoy is in Canada, SisDoll is in the Philippines living with her own family, and I am the only one with DaddyDemz. Our family has gone through a lot of difficult times, hindi ko na mabilang. But God is always with us especially during those hard times.

 

On Maturity

 

I am turning 28 and I am dreaming of becoming a mother someday. I will love my kids like the way Nanay Rose loved us. I know God has a lot of good plans for me.

 

 

Few more years from now, I know I will still be writing here; perhaps in different room or using different computer… A different Meeyeow maybe…Nevertheless, I am still daddy’s little girl and my sibling’s little sister.

 

Advance happy birthday to me. :D

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment