Thursday, July 15, 2010

Waking Up Again

 

 

I just woke up a few hours ago from the last two days’ misfortunes. I had a decent breakfast with Daddy Demz and Ailyn outside earlier, we were feeling much better compared last night. Daddy Demz is still mourning over his ruined garden. I still feel his sadness...

 

“Nalulungkot ako pag nakikita ko yung mga nasira, hindi ko mapuntahan”, he said.

 

The power has just been restored for a while last night then we lose it again at around 8:00AM.

 

From the last two days, I could not make any important calls and couldn’t even receive any news from my family in Cavite either. My mobile phone was useless since Tuesday. At 12:00 midnight, even though there were rains and the winds were still blowing all over our building, Gems and I decided to go home. Neither that we knew it was a bad decision. I know I could have opposed Gems decisions to go to home even if we saw Joe going back to the office, because according to him he could not see the road, but I did not asked Gems to stay for the same reason that I want to go home and be with my family straight away. Pity me.

 

A few meters from our building, some branches were already on the road. We continued. At Ayala Ave, the winds with rains were swirling on the road. We still thought we can make it like we did last year with Pepeng. And we finally decided to go back while we were at Tramo, Pasay because we were already scared, no lights on the road and more branches were falling on the street!!!

 

KForce arranged a hotel accommodation for those who were not able to go home, like Gems and I, the night typhoon Basyang hit Manila. I was able to sleep for 3 hours, Gems didn’t. We could hear the strong winds at the 23rd floor. In the morning, I was not aware that the flood was waiting for me in Bacoor. At knee-high deep flood waters along the hi-way, I have no choice but to walk my way to home. I saw Kawayan trees fell down across the road, no car could pass by. Everyone was outside their houses, fixing something.

 

When I finally at home, I immediately saw the Alatiris tree and it was down. ;’(

 

 

The flooded roads towards our house ;’(


God is good, He never let anyone from the family got hurt from the typhoon. ;’(

Thank you to all those who called and texted me to ask how we did. God bless you too ;’(

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment