Thursday, November 20, 2008

Katukayo

Have you ever tried searching for your name in the internet to check out if you might discover that you share the same name with other people you thought never existed?

 

I always consider my name as unique as my personality :) until I came to discover that I share the same name (and surname) with a girl of my age. It was in 2004, having business email address became so popular with my officemates. It did make sense because I won’t be giving out email address like rainbowbright33@yahoo.com or something like pa_cute_ako29@hotmail.com especially when we were attending Microsoft events and seminars. Since Yahoo offers multiple public profiles, so I tried adding yahoo.com and that was the time I discovered that another person named exists somewhere in Muntinlupa City. At first I wasn’t so sure, but later on I was convinced that I had a katukayo.

 

And so I ended signing up to Gmail with my named email address.

 

Later that year, I added her to my Friendster and Yahoo Messenger. She accepted all the invites but we never had a chance to talk. I guess she was not that interested. I visit her Friendster account when I have a chance. Sometimes I still feel awkward that she has my full name. Hehehe.

 

But here’s another twist: http://cherrie-chet.blogspot.com. The girl is definitely not me and not the other katukayo. I discovered just this week. Well, she has my name and she also has the ‘not-so-usual-nickname’ –- . Hehehe. Check out her website and you’ll see for your self.

 

Maybe this is no big deal for those who have common Filipino names like Juan Dela Cruz, etc. but for me… it is! ^_^

 

2 comments:

  1. hmmpt nag search ako ng gemmabel na name, andami na rin, buti na lang walang gemmabel ramos , ako lang! hahahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. mismo!
    sa akin, kinuha lahat -- cherrie chet espeleta

    ReplyDelete