Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Maybe we cannot really go up against our fate. This afternoon, series of unfortunate events happened, prior to my first assignment in deployment, as if were planned and premeditated. Wawa and I were assigned yesterday by Sir Jeff to assist the MES Team in deploying our current project release to Quality Assurance. The schedule was 2:00 pm. I was very confident about the 2:00pm schedule because I was NEVER late for work since last month.

 

I woke up at the usual 10:00 am, watched tv, ate lunch, bathe, dress up, locked my room and said goodbye to Daddy Demz at around 12:30 pm. I was already outside at the street waiting for the tricycle to pass by, then I realized that I forgot to put my cell phone inside my bag. (Not again!!! I left my cell phone thrice last week inside my room.) So I ran back to our house, unlocked my room and pickup the cell phone. It took me 15 minutes to do that ‘non-value-added’ activity and to reach the hi-way. Continuing the unfortunate events, no bus was coming for 10 minutes.

 

When the bus came, people were already standing up to the driver area. I have no other choice but to squeeze myself in front of the bus. Along Toll Gate at coastal area, I was able to find an empty seat and relax. The wrong part was… I closed my eyes slowly and did not realize the fact that Buendia Avenue was also slowly approaching. When I opened my eyes, the bus was already moving towards the fly over!!! I was doomed. So after the bus dropped me, I walked back towards LRT Ayala area. My time was running out because the time was already 1:50pm.  I decided to get the cab but several drivers refused to take me to Makati. Unfortunately, I was on the other side of the hi-way. My only option is to cross the street so I could take the bus instead. <(I don’t know how to cross the street…… huhuhu)> But of course, the deployment was still my priority, so I took a deep breath and cross the street even if a lot of vehicles were on the street. I was able to take the bus and made it to the office by 2:09 pm. I was late, look haggard and sweaty! The deployment was already started when I came in.

 

Hay…pag minamalas nga naman!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment