Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Birds Of Paradise

All you need is a sketch pad, a paint brush, water color, a subject and a mood. And then start painting. It feels so sad that I didn’t keep my painting project when I was a third year student in high school. As far as I can remember, it was a painting of a man and a woman dancing and everything is in shade of violet. I got a 90% grade. I should have gotten higher grade if I explained and interpreted my work with a deeper meaning. I just said that I painted it because I like the shade of violet. Hehehe, while some of my classmates even cried while explaining their own paintings. Hahaha. They got 100%. :D

 

This one was inspired by my niece’s assignment last weekend. Pinaghahanap sila ng mga ornamental plants. Eto double meaning, Birds of Paradise (the name of some bird and the name of the plant). After we finished her project, nag art jam kami.

 

If I would interpret this drawing, I would say this is somehow related to my life right now. Like this bird, I am not somewhere that I can be with same birds like me, I am alone in a place I consider peaceful, colorful and still facing up feeling the breeze of cold air…

 

More drawings to come...

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I cant help but drop a comment, keep it up. I admire people who are inclined to art, you got the talent!!! Even your headshot is cute, is that real? nice kitty =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you ^_^ for dropping by and giving me more inspiration.

    By the way, I just lend this picture from the internet :D
    But I do have a kitty, named Sabel, just like her.

    ReplyDelete