Sunday, September 14, 2008

When Your Baby Is Now A Lady

Six years ago, my sister migrated to London together with her husband and leaving her daughter, Karla, here with me. She was 5 years old then. I became her Mother for almost a year and that was quite a very memorable experience for me…

 

We became closer as ever…

 

It felt like I was really her mom. I admit I had my shortcomings but I learned a lot. I remember one time we went to a swimming party for kids. After the celebration, on our way home, she was chilling inside the car. I was really scared. The next day, she got fever and later we discovered that she had chickenpox. I took care of her with the help of my brother, but after two weeks, I got infected too! I was 23 then.

 

The last time I spent time with her was when I had my visit in Oxford, England. I took her to and from school everyday. We share the same bed. I was again her mom. This December, they will spend the Christmas season and New Year here with us. Everyone is excited!

 

Today she is turning 10. I hope she will always remember our memories together. Happy Birthday, my little angel…

 

 

3 comments:

  1. naku, christmas, pamasko na naman! buti nasa malayo ako hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. mas malaki nga ang paki-kristmas ng nasa malayo eh. :D aantayin namin :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. mas malaki nga ang paki-kristmas ng mga nasa malayo eh. :D aantayin namin, fred :D

    ReplyDelete