Monday, October 20, 2008

The Evolution

I dedicate this entry to all the mobile phones I have owned for the last 7 years that gave me opportunities to connect to the mobile world ^_^ This post was inspired by Pipay’s new Motorola camera phone she bought just a week ago.

 

My very first mobile phone was a Nokia 3310 I bought after college, around Year 2001. I got it through installment, SIM lock to Smart! Sinong ayaw magka-cell phone that time? Wala!!!

 

Then after a year, my sister gave this Nokia 8210. Though has a sentimental value, with a lot of saved text jokes and precious quotes from my friend, I gave my Nokia 3310 to DaddyDemz with lots transition training and tutorial sessions! Hehehe.

 

I have to mention here my Baguio vacation with some ITC friends in 2003. The date was February 26 when my Nokia 8210 got snatched from Mr.V’s jacket along Burnham Park. I felt bad for a while because it was BettyB’s gift for me, then I moved on after that. :D Pinasaya na lang ako ng mga kasama ko para hindi masira lalo ang gala. Hehehe.

 

After few months, my sister BettyB came back from London para sunduin si Karla from my care, and gave me again a new Nokia 6510 cellphone! ^_^ Sinuswerte nga naman, pero malas pa din.

 

Year 2004, my sister’s family went back from London, at alam nyo na ang kasunod nito… May bago ulit akong cellphone, Nokia 7210. Then it was Flower Festival again in Baguio City. February 2 was the date, again at the Burnham Park, na snatch ulit ang cellphone! This time, nasa sling bag ko na sya. So please, watch out your bags and pockets when you are in Baguio City. Mahirap na matyempuhan. That day was Infinity’s birthday, we’re suppose to go to celebrate somewhere pero hindi na natuloy kasi nawalan nga *ULIT* ako ng cellphone. One is enough, two is too much. I guess it was the combination my carelessness and other’s aggressiveness.

 

With Mr.V’s sympathy and empathy for me, he gave me his Nokia 7210. Unfortunately this one lost again. Then I got Nokia 3660 that I purchased in SM Bacoor for P20,000.00 Aaminin ko hindi ako masyadong gumagastos sa mga gadgets… nasanay siguro ako na binibigay lang sa akin. Kaya kahit naghihinayang ako that time para bilhin yon, na excite din ako nung nasa kamay ko na ^_^. New cellphone – daming ka text, picture dito, picture doon hehehe.

 

I still feel ashamed whenever I had to tell the story of my lost cellphone list. My Nokia 3660 is added to this list. I was at SM Bacoor that time shopping at the department store for our summer outing, then when I checked my bag…

 

This was the most depressing of them all because I was the one who bought it. With this one, I cried… then Mr.V to the rescue, he bought me a new one, the Nokia 3120.

 

In 2005, when my sister came back again from London, >_< , I had a new one once again, the Samsung D600. I gave back to Mr.V the Nokia 3120 and he gave it to her sister.

 

Then I went to London in 2006, this time, I was the one who visited them. My sister bought me again a new Nokia 6880 which I used when I was there. When I got home, I got a new one again ^_^! Sony Ericsson K800i, SIM locked to Vodafone. I just gave the Nokia 6880 to SisDoll. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find someone who could unlock Sony Ericsson. :(

 

So Mr.V gave me again the Nokia 3120, which my current cellphone right now and I still have the Sony Ericsson K800i for other purpose.

 

This is their story.

 

Nokia 3310

Nokia 8210

Nokia 6510

Nokia 7210

Nokia 7210

Nokia 3660

Nokia 3120

Samsung D600

Nokia 6880

Sony K800i

 

3 comments:

  1. wow ang daming model ng phone... tiba tiba na sau mga snatchers.. watch out chet baka icipin nila out of generosity mo lang yun ahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay, kaya nga hindi na ako masyadong nag iinvest sa mobile phones. feeling ko mawawala nanaman...

    ReplyDelete