Monday, October 27, 2008

Visiting Mom

We went to visit Lola Inching and NanayRose last Sunday at the memorial park. I just realized how irresponsible I was when I kept on requesting DaddyDemz to come with us while he kept on refusing since last week. He had a lot of excuses.

 

On my calculation, when my mother died, that was his first and last to see her there… he has never come back… My mistake, I was so insensitive to know that he doesn’t really want to go there.

 

When we got there, most of the people were busy sweeping the ground, cleaning the area and trimming the grass while most kids were running and playing, not aware of the solemn place they were in.

 

On Thursday, we’ll get back there to put boundary marker on the ground just like other families do so no one would accidentally step on it since we will not be there on November 1st.

 

I don’t know if I am going to ask him again to come.

 

2 comments:

  1. Until now, I am one of the kids you saw in the park who doesn't realize the solemnity of the place. Nov 1 and 2 in the Manila North Cemetery is like a carnival, people go there to pray for the souls of their love ones and celebrate the good old memories of their ancestors.

    I carried that attitude when we transfered in cavite, seeing how silent and melancholic the memorial parks in here really gives me the depressing emotion that is absent to the merry making that is present in Manila North Cemetery.

    Hahaha

    malapit na pala araw ng mga patay. Hindi ko ramdam dito haahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talagang nadepress ka sa silence ah. Hahaha.

    Less than a week na lang at undas na. Then pagkatapos, magkakabit na ng parol sa kapaligiran ^_^

    ReplyDelete