Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Little Angel

I was asked by my sister to write something about my niece, Karla, because after the singing contest Karla won, she was somehow informed that her daughter could be featured on a local newspaper!

 

I did not hesitate and I started right away! When I was in the middle of my story, I felt happiness with a dash of fulfillment that even if this would not be featured on that newspaper, I could write all the things about her over and over again for me to remember how she has been my little chubby angel from the day she was born until that very moment.

 

And here it goes…

 

 

Our only daughter Karla Joven Bergado has been very eager to showcase her singing talent ever since she was a little kid. When my husband and I tried our luck here in United Kingdom

in 2002, although against our will, we had to leave our sweet daughter in the Philippines to give her the best future.

 

A lot of times, my sister used to tell us that our little chubby 3-year old angel joined a singing and dancing contests during barangay celebrations without them knowing about the audition. Sometimes she would win, sometimes not. She was such a joy to my family especially to my father who was the guardian of Karla during her stay in the Philippines when we were away.

 

Karla also writes her own songs. She even has a YouTube channel (minxpinay) where she puts all of her own song compositions. This is her way to express herself and connect with her friends through her talent. I strongly believe that she got her singing talent from her father who was a church choir member.

 

With her enthusiasm in singing and the confidence she always has, she joined a lot of musicals in school. Her school has their own version of Hairspray musical where she got the lead role. This year, she also went for Hagbane Doom musical audition in Oxford. Luckily, she got the part! The play will be shown on June 30.

 

Her winning moment in the Independence Day Celebration last June 19, 2010 in Oxford was such an achievement for her. My husband and I were very scared during her performance but she was so positive and confident, which she silently told me that she is now ready to show her talent to the world. Even though she did not get the 1st prize but for us, she our No.1!

 

Aside from singing, she really dreams of being an excellent doctor someday.

 

 

 

2 comments: