Friday, January 4, 2008

Big Fat Liar

I don’t know, maybe I was just being so paranoid that everyone thinks I am too old for not being married at my age right now. In every direction I look, everybody is asking when am I be getting married.

 

Sis Doll, her kids and I went to our cousin’s wedding earlier. The ceremony, the venue and the traditional wedding rituals during the reception were done very well, even the food. I was thinking if I do my own wedding there :D.

 

We were able to meet our relatives from my father’s side. I saw my cousin and my kababata, Dada, who just gave birth to her daughter, Laurraine, last month. Our relatives from Canada and US were also there. I was able to meet Abby’s daughter, Jannelle; both of them were included in the entourage. Some of our family friends were also there celebrating special moments with the newly weds.

 

I didn’t really have plans of going to the party because I could sense that everybody will be asking me about my own wedding; and I was correct. It feels like I already had a premonition about what was going to happen when they see me. But Batotoy requested us to be there (by the way, the bride is Tweetypiws’ cousin, Batotoy’s wife) and we were reserved for 3 seats. Since I am still on vacation right now, I got no alibi to tell.

 

At the church…

 

Ninang Felia: Yung gown ko inaagiw na cabinet. Kelan ba ang kasal mo?

Meeyeow: Malapit na.

 

Amor: Ate meeyeow, kelan ba ang alis mo papuntang UK? Ikakasal muna ba kayo?

Meeyeow: Picture taking daw.

 

Abby: Ano ba? Akala ko double wedding ang dadatnan ko dito? Nakapagpa-book na ako ng ticket until January 20, akala ko kasi isasabay mo din ang wedding mo.

Meeyeow: Oo nga eh. Nahuli ako ng pasabi syo.

 

Tita Gemma: Nag-asawa ka na ba?

Meeyeow: Naku hindi pa po.

 

Batotoys Bayaw: Ikaw na ba ang susunod? Uuwi din ba kami from Canada?

Meeyeow: Oo naman. Antayin mo ang invitation ko!

 

The church ceremony started at 4:00pm and at 5:00pm we were already at the reception venue. Thanks to that family who took us to the venue, it was quite far from the church.

 

At the reception:

 

Amor: (Second Round na nya ito.) Kelan na ang kasal mo?

Meeyeow: Pinapa OO ko pa ang groom ko :D

 

Sis Doll: Ayun, tumakbo ka na doon. Sumalo ka ng bulaklak! (to the emcee: Eto, may single dito!)

Meeyeow: Ayoko nga!

 

Ninong Alvin: Oh, 8 years old na ang anak ko ah, baka naman antayin mo pang maging bride’s maid mo yan? Ilang taon ka na ba?

Meeyeow: 20……7.

 

Bride: Ate Meeyeow, ayan naunahan na kita. Kelan ba ang sa inyo?

Meeyeow: Oo nga eh. Mga ilang taon pa. :D

Bride: Ang tagal naman!

 

Sis Doll: Meeyeow, magpakasal na kayo sa May 2008. Dito nyo na din ganapin, maganda dito.

Meeyeow: (I just smiled, if it is only as simple as that.)

 

Bride’s Father: Nasaan ang sweetheart mo?

Meeyeow: (finding words to utter) … Nasa trabaho po.

 

 

Then I just realized that there was really no consistencies in my answers. (Just like what liars do, hahaha!)

 

Thank God I survived the night. Well, I was just too big to be unnoticed by the public.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment