Saturday, December 29, 2007

Leche Flan & Buko Pandan

Jellypotpot requested me to make Leche Flans for our New Years Celebration this year. And as promised, I did some good Leche Flan through the help of my nieces. I haven’t tasted the end product yet but from the looks, I think I made some good ones ^_^


Here’s the recipe:

Leche Flan (with the capital F, hehe)

Ingredients:
12 egg yolks
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
1 tsp of vanilla (you may use lemon zest
½ cup sugar (multiply w/ the no. of flat molds)

In a bowl, combine all the above ingredients except the sugar. Stir lightly so as to prevent bubbles from forming.

Put the sugar (no water) into a stainless steel flan mold. Caramelize in low heat if you don’t want it burnt. Do it in medium heat if you prefer it with a hint of bitterness like I do. Set it aside for few minutes or until the caramel hardens. Strain while pouring the custard mixture into the flan mold. Cover the flan mold and steam for about 30 minutes over low heat. Refrigerate. Serve it upside down on a platter.

I did make 4 medium llaneras and a large one.

I also prepared Buko Pandan this afternoon. I got the recipe from the back label of Carnation Condensada. I did have some fun while doing this because I was able to attain the taste and the aroma that I was looking for. One good thing, Sis Doll and I found this buko vendor along Olobama intersection so we had fresh shredded buko and the juice which makes the gelatin smell really good.


I made 5 medium plastic containers as you can see in the picture.

2 bars gelatin (green)
4 pieces pandan leaves
¼ cup sugar

4 cups buko water
1 cup CARNATION Condensada
1 cup buko, grated

Bring to boil the gelatin bars, pandan leaves, sugar and the buko juice. Put in a molding container until it hardens and cool down. Cut into strips. Toss the gelatin with condensed milk all-purpose cream and the shredded buko. Chill and serve.

Enjoy the holiday season!

On Monday, I’ll do the Sweetened Gelatin and Lumpiang Shanghai. Thanks to Dith BettyBoop for sharing her recipe of Lumpiang Shanghai. I already received her email just a few minutes ago.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment