Sunday, December 2, 2007

My First Divisoria Adventure

As planned a week ago, Raed and I met yesterday early in the morning at SM Bacoor for our Divisoria Shopping + Adventure. As expected, I was late (…sorry Raed) because I slept at 12:30am that morning. I greeted Mr. V a happy birthday by calling him at exactly 12:00 midnight on my watch. Actually, I’ve already told him that I was going to call earlier yesterday while we were texting.

 

Too bad I forgot to get cash from my ATM last Friday, so before meeting Raed, I went to ATM area at SM, which made me very very late. While on my way to the ATM area, I saw her at SM Bacoor overpass looking straight at me (naka smile naman, wheww). Shocks, buking! I was thinking of telling her that I was jammed by long lines in the ATM while withdrawing some cash. But since she saw me, I can’t lie anymore because I was the only one withdrawing. :D

 

Then we took the San agustin bus going to Lawton and that was the start of my first trip to Divisoria.

 

Uhuh, I have never been there since I was a child. My officemates were so amazed that I haven’t gone there yet until yesterday. Then from Lawton, we took a jeep going to Divisoria. Few more minutes we’re there and at 8:00 am, a lot of people were already there. I guess because it was the start of early Christmas shopping (since it was the first day of December). And I think most of the employees already got their 13th month pay like I do. ^_^

 

As soon as I saw some cute bags (goodbye for now Guess/Girbaud) on the sidewalk, my shopping instincts became alive! But as quickly as I walk closer to the booth, Raed told me not to be so hot to shop since I might see more interesting designs inside. And so I obey her because Raed is a lot more experienced than me :D. We went first inside Divisoria Mall where Raed bought lights and décor for her Christmas tree. After browsing some more shops (I still can’t decide what to buy), we went to 168 Mall where the place is nicer. The first thing that I bought for myself was a skinny jeans for only P250 pesos: D I was not so sure about the quality of the jeans but I found it cute and it fitted to me well. Then my loads became heavier and heavier :D ; blouse here and there, pants, shorts, slacks, etc. Then I checked my cellphone, I received a message from my sister, Sis Doll. Her text was something like this: “ Bili k ng pang gupit sa damo, my mura lang dyan sa divi. Ingat lng sa mandurukot.” Whaat?? A grass cutter? It was a heavy sharp tool, measuring 1.5 feet which I carried the whole day.

 

One of the reasons why we went there was to buy something intended for our kris kringle in the office. Sadly, we only bought something for ourselves: D hahaha. For my shoes, I was a bit choosy. It was hard to choose because there were a lot that I was seeing. We jumped from one building to another unitl I found what I have been looking for (the one on the picture above). Last on my list was the maong fabric for Tatay. It was the only thing requested by Tatay so we hurried to the fabric section. That was around 1:00pm. Maybe it was not complete if I didn’t experience the real Divisoria events where people queuing up and pushing others back to move forward. Oh my God, it was like EDSA 2 revolution, hehehe. People were shouting, screaming, sweating. We’re stuck there for about 30 minutes just to go to the fabric section. We were walking for just an inch per second. After I bought 4 meters of maong fabric, we decided to go home because we were running out of cash and very very tired walking.

 

But our adventures didn’t stop there. Since we could not found any FX van straight going to Imus, Raed suggested that we took the Baclaran route then later just look for any bus going to Cavite. While inside the jeep , we spend 1 more hour inside Divisoria because of the *heavy* traffic. I also remembered that the driver told his passenger, “Yung mga hikaw nyo at alahas, pakitanggal na at marami pong mandurukot dito.” Good thing I was already warned by Raed not to wear any jewelries and do not bring bags anymore. I just put the money on my pocket. To tell you, I have a lot of experience about these thieves at Aguinaldo Hi-way in Cavite (so medyo sanay na ako). While we were passing this community area in Divisoria, there was this guy who rode at the back of the jeep. Unfortunately, a woman was texting her husband informing that she already left Divisoria and was going home when the guy grabbed her cellphone and immediately run heading to an esquinita. Everyone was screaming yet no one ever stopped the guy from running away from our jeep with the woman’s cellphone. Every one of us inside the jeep was shocked because a lot of bystanders saw the incident yet no one helped. Maybe it was an ordinary scene in that area. People were used to it… Hay :(

 

The whole day was very tiring yet with so much fun! When I got home, I gave my family my pasalubong. Maong fabric and socks for Tatay, 2 hand bags for Sis Doll, slippers for JellyPot and Jaja. I texted Raed and said “thank you” for making my First Divisoria Adventure fun and possible…

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment